Saturday, June 14, 2008

Broke Dinner

I am officially out of cash.

Since I'm temping now, I'll get paid next Friday... but I've heard stories of how in "real cities" when you take a check to the bank, either

A. they won't cash it

or

B. even if you use the check to open an account, they'll put a hold on your money for, like, two weeks or something.

So for all intents and purposes, I am broke and will continue to be so for... a while.

Dinner tonight was (frozen) potatoes cooked with (frozen) spinach and (canned) black beans, in the usual round of spices: mustardseed, cumin, chili pepper, ginger, and garlic.

Not bad, though not particularly great, and the black beans seemed to turn everything gray-colored.

Definitely a broke person's dinner. ^__^

On the super-plus side, I'm shortlisted for another job I really want. I get to go next week and take an editing test, which means it's time to dust off the old proofreaders' marks. Unless they're going to have me take it on a computer with Track Changes. Has anyone taken an editing test in the past year or so?


(Now I'm going to sit and agonize about whether it should be "proofreader's marks," e.g. the marks used by a proofreader," or "proofreaders' marks," e.g. "the marks used by all proofreaders." ^__^ Google says both choices are valid.)

No comments: