It’s very hard—when you have a population that is disturbed by eating—to know how to eat the right amount of food without going nuts.
The only way out of that is knowing what hunger is and what satisfaction is the same way we know what peeing is. That could be the only guide.
At first glance that quote seems to hold up. But when I thought about it I realized that I, like many people, have a bit of a complicated relationship with peeing too. Complicated in the same way that my relationship with eating is. Consider this:
- The first thing I do in the morning is pee, even if I don't have to.
- The last thing I do before bed is pee, even if I don't have to.
- Sometimes I pee just because friends are peeing.
- Sometimes I want to pee just because someone else mentioned pee.
- Sometimes even thinking about pee makes me want to pee.
- Sometimes I pee just because I know I won't be able to pee again for a while.
- Sometimes I pee just because I want to see what the inside of a bathroom is like.
- Sometimes I pee because I need to get away from my desk for a moment.
- Sometimes I pee just because I'm in the bathroom (doing something unrelated like brushing my teeth) and the toilet is, like, right there.
- I always have to pee extra when I'm nervous, stressed, or tired.
Or am I the only one who does this? ^__^
(Thought I'd throw that one out there to the blogosphere for your amusement. )