Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let's Go Exploring!

I was re-organizing my closet yesterday, taking out the winter dresses (like my pretty black-and-white mandala dress that I bought for the office holiday party) and putting in the warm-weather dresses that I bought last summer (and the ones that I bought last week).

I made three interesting discoveries.

First: ATL has been “price-fixing” its dress sizes. Last summer when I started buying clothing at the ATL I wore a size 2 petite, and now I wear a 4 regular, and I was all “zomg I have to lay off the Hello Cupcakes” but when I tried on my size 2 petite dresses I found out that they all fit just fine. So ATL has been messing with my head for no good reason.

Secondly: I own seventeen warm-weather dresses, all of which I love wearing. This is important because it means I’m very close to a critical number.

See, once back when Queer Eye for the Straight Guy was on the air, I heard Carson Kressley say that a person’s goal should be to have a unified style but to not repeat the same outfit more than once a month.

It was a big deal for me back in August when I was able to go two weeks without repeating an outfit. (I don’t think I’d ever been able to do that, ever, in my life.)

Now I have seventeen dresses. Add in Jeans Fridays and I can go for four weeks without repeating an outfit and still have a dress left over. This is phenomenal.

Third: So… um… the New Dora. That is to say, they’ve given Dora the Explorer a new look, from this:



To this:
And say what you like about the change (Jezebel says plenty), but the first thing I thought of when I saw the New Dora was “oh crap, that’s what I look like every day.”


Cute dress (like the one pictured above), leggings, ballet flats, long hair worn straight down my back, pretty jewelry.

My professional look is the same as a cartoon character who hangs around with a talking backpack and a monkey.

Crap crap crap crap crap.

I suppose the plus side is that, with the advent of spring, leggings season is nearly over. And maybe enough people will complain about the New Dora that she’ll get retired before next fall. ^__^

No comments: