Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Practicing

My yoga teacher says that I am very good at practicing.

Thanks, Mom and Dad. ^__^

When I was in high school, I probably practiced the piano more than any of my peers; in college, probably less than any of my peers (although the time I devoted to practicing remained the same throughout).

Now this learned diligence is paying off in my Ashtanga class, and I got to start seated postures today.

Another "I was a piano teacher, so I know exactly how you feel" moment: I had to cut out of one of my Mysore classes early last week (you know, the ones that start at 6 a.m.) because I needed to get to work early for a special meeting, and my yoga teacher gave me this look like "You mean there are things that are more important than your yoga lesson?!"

Unfortunately, there are a few things more important than Ashtanga class -- but not many!

No comments: