Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Smart = Social (And Other Fun Things About My Job)

Now that I have a job I like, with people I like, my social calendar has much improved. Have been invited to post-work fun three nights out of the possible five. So... yeah, haven't blogged so much lately. :P

I suppose I keep waiting for the "other shoe" to drop. The truth is, this job is completely 100% amazing. There are so many things that are great about it, including the fact that they're giving me time to expand and improve my mad skillz. I'm all about the learning.

So I'm a bit afraid that something's going to happen and it'll all get taken away from me. I've got a bit of the ol' impostor syndrome, and part of my brain gets thrown away every day on "what if the economy goes under and they can't afford to keep me?!" (Or worse: "What if I did something wrong that I didn't know was wrong and they fire me?!!!")

That kind of thinking usually happens at night, after I've gone home. At work itself, I don't worry about it because I'm too busy working and being awesome.

Seriously, though. Every day I go in and think "how did I get to be this lucky?" I go early and stay late and don't want to leave. I am surrounded by brilliant people and I get to work towards a really cool product. It could have turned out so differently.

I'm so glad it didn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’ve just written a book that will be available in August on The Impostor Syndrome. Check it out here: http://www.johngraden.com/files/the_impostor_syndrome.php
Also my blog deals with this as well:
http://theimpostorsyndrome.blogspot.com/
Thanks!
John Graden