Monday, November 10, 2008

Food Post 3: Bread

I baked a bread!!!!


I know it doesn't look like much, but it's my very own and I baked it myself with 100% whole wheat flour and a No Knead Bread recipe.

I was so nervous throughout because I was sure that it wasn't going to actually turn into bread. First the dough didn't absorb all of the water, then it didn't form a nice tight loaf shape. I was ready for this mess to bake into anything but bread.

But it turned into bread! I was so thrilled. And it tastes fantastic -- better maybe than any bread I've ever tasted, but that's probably just because I'm so proud of being able to bake it.

Why did I bake my own bread? A few reasons: to increase the healthiness of my diet, to remember what bread without extra sugar and HFCS tastes like, and to continue on my (perhaps temporary) locovore kick. Also just to see if I could do it.

I'm so proud of my bread. Yay bread!

Next up: making (non-goat) yogurt.

No comments: