Monday, August 4, 2008

The Xootr

Oh, but before I start socking too much away, I want to buy a Xootr.

Seriously. Like every day I think "if I had a Xootr..." I would buy one right now except I don't have an address to which to send it.

What's a Xootr? It's kind of like a bike, but a lot dorkier.

(Blogger isn't letting me upload pictures right now. So imagine a picture of a really sweet kick scooter.)

Weighs 10 lbs. Folds in 5 seconds. Helmet not necessary. Can be used while wearing skirt. Can go onto subway. Can fold underneath a desk. Etc. Etc. Etc. It is the nerd's preferred mode of travel, considering both hovercars and the Starship Enterprise are fictional. (Not jetpacks, though; those are real now!)

NOT FOR KIDS. This thing is an adult toy. The kiddie ones are called Razors and come covered in pictures of Go, Diego, Go!

I walk between 3-5 miles a day. If I had a scooter, I could get around that much faster. And I could use the extra time to do more yoga or cooking or blogging!

You just wait. As soon as I get one, I'll give you all the full report.

No comments: