Sunday, October 5, 2008

Seriously, ATL, I Would Totally Let You Photograph Me Wearing Your Clothes

So today I was in the Ann Taylor Loft, pricing things. I go in about twice a week to check the price tags on a few items I particularly like, to see if they've been discounted; currently I'm sitting on four "50% off" coupons, and I want to get the most out of them.

They've been redoing the store for fall; last week they painted the entire thing "Autumn brown," and today there was a woman bustling around the place with a clipboard. Clearly "from corporate," this woman was busy telling all of the sales assistants where to set up the yet-to-be-revealed fall displays.

Then she saw me and stared at me for a very long moment. I was wearing ATL, which is no surprise because I buy most of my clothes there now. Today I was wearing this dress:


and I was wearing it over a pair of jeans because it's starting to get a little cold outside.

Anyway. The woman "from corporate" looked me up and down. Then she said "I've never seen anyone wear our dresses over jeans before. I like it."

It was my brush with greatness.




(Pic taken from eBay 'cause ATL's not currently advertising that dress on its site.)

No comments: